image Coffs Harbour City Council
Our speaker for the 16 January meeting is Melissa Hinkley from Coffs Water. Melissa will be talking about strategies on how we can make our gardens more water wise.
There are currently Level 1 restrictions for the Coffs Coast Council Area and this basically means we need to follow the following if we are draw water from the Council supply:
- No garden or lawn watering between 9:00am to 4:00pm
- PERMITTED: Hand-held hoses every 2nd day for maximum 1 hour on relevant odd/even calendar day only between 4:00pm and 9:00am
- BANNED: All Sprinklers, fixed/unattended hoses, irrigation systems except for micro-sprays and drippers/sub-surface irrigation which are permitted for maximum 15 minutes on relevant odd/even calendar day only between 4:00pm and 9:00am
- Car washing is allowed providing, where practical, the runoff is onto a lawn and not down the drain
- Hosing or pressure cleaning any hardstand area, eg driveway, is banned except for health and safety reasons
- Building maintenance (windows and roofs) allowed with trigger nozzle hoses or pressure cleaners only
Melissa will I’m sure, will give us lots of hints and tips to be more waterwise.